Friday, February 27, 2009

A Few Things that are Not Fun

Spent a long day prop shopping and had a chance to contemplate the deepness of my self-involvement. Here are a few fun things that aren't fun when it doesnt wholly involve you.

Yawn!

1) Shopping - Take the bestest money and combine it with a perfectly gloomy day but when its for someone else, snooze!

2) Photo Albums - I dont know how others do it but if I aint in the pics, dont bother showing me! I mean, seriously?

3) Spa Days - If someone else is getting a massage and you're reading Cosmo's '57 ways to get him to open up about his ex' in the waiting area - Next!

4) Wedding - If you ain't the bride or the groom. Boring!

5) Holidays - Marvellous self-indulgent days ahead but when you pull the weight of an entire team and stay up reading fun things to do in Cambodia late into the night - next please!

6) Listening - Dont get me wrong. I've lent my bony shouler to many a teary break up but if it involves listening about your latest work crisis - yawn!

7) Production - Shopping, scheduling, and decorating set and stage for a show you're never going to be onstage for - that's just cruelty!

8) Cooking Fat Free - I fail to see the reason to put double of my effort in making a low-fat muffin taste good when the recipient cant get off his ass to work out more! C'mon!

9) Watching TV - When you're stuck watching Idea Star Singer because you have nothing better to do and you promised mum the tv is hers this evening. Pain!

10) Selling Tickets - After the first 10 mins, the sturdiest of friendships can be tested when you're swatting mosquitoes and miss the first 30 mins of a decent play. Groan!

11) House Hunting - Who cares which side the living room faces or how small the bedroom is if you're not the one sleeping in it? Sigh!

12) Talking - Normally I'm a motor mouth but it becomes painful when you're relaying instructions. Lost in translation!

Got any more?

3 comments:

CHECK MATE said...

strikes a chord

Anonymous said...

Baby-sitting - When the baby is yours' and you are not adequately compensated for doing the job.

Anonymous said...

I dont think it counts if its your baby but good to know your maternal instincts are right were they should be. :-)