Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

As I grow older but certainly not wiser, here are a few things I would like to have in my life:

My Wish List (in no particular order): I wish

1) people who owe me money would actually pay me

2) to be able to go a day without excercising and not feeling guilty about it

3) foreign tourist visa processes were not so daunting

4) to have meaningful work which also paid well

5) friends in committed relationships wouldnt bitch about their other halves to me and call me smart for being single (no, its not a compliment and yes, its a conscious choice!)

6) I could watch Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart everyday.

7) people would not obsess over the pink jatti and Valentine Day card protest and call it an upper strata problem (even if it is an upper strata problem, on behalf of upper strata, I have a right for my issues to be heard)

8) more people would vote and not just critique people who dared to make a difference (kudos to Mash and Rochu for doing something other than drink at Zara's and tut tut about it! Read http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Chennai/Greeting_cards_to_fight_Rama_Sene/articleshow/4103108.cms)

9) Hamsa were here - she'd know exactly what to do on my birthday

10) there was a decent bungee jumping place around

11) I had money for my tattoo

12) filial peace - aunties and uncles, I have no clue what I'm doing with my life. Asking me a million times every phone call aint gonna change it.

while I'm wishing for peace...

13) the Tamil Government would not interfere in the Sri Lankan situation. Is a Tamil life more important than an African life? While condemning terrorism, why not condemn the civil wars in Africa and Israel striking Palestine for 6 days in a row? They're our brothers and deserve our respect too!

And we're back to banal wishes!

14) Vijay would have more energy in his movies. What happened babydoll? Why so glum these days?

15) guys would stop mind fucking women - if you want to boink but dont want to have any accountability or responsibility for it, have the balls to declare "I'm a manipulative satyr!" we just may respect your honesty!

16) I owned The Hobbit - cuz I haven't read it and Fao San has threatened to disown me if I dont get to it!

17) I had a Chennai toy boy (does that one even need to be explained?)

18) I could just zip over to Aus. I need their national cheer to bolster my spirits

19) we had krispy kreme in Chennai

20) someone other than Shaji taught Kalari in Bessie

21) there were better movies playing in the theater - Villu or Abhiyum Naanum? I opt for staying at home thank you!

22) more ballet shows would happen in Chennai - there was one from Russia and I was in Delhi.

23) people would know an English Lit student doesnt mean an instant dictionary - dont embarass me coz I dont know the damn words ok!

24) people could understand that just cuz I'm happy doesn't mean its easy.

25) Jeff Buckley and Heath Ledger were alive - such talent should not have gone so soon

26) my Internet connection would work so I wouldnt be utterly bored to write such a self-involved wish list

I saved my last two wishes for you Fao San

27) Fao San a speedy return. we miss you and want you to spice up our posts (that'd be me and my alter ego!)

28) Fao San a better end to this year - am sending all my good thoughts your way!

And so the countdown begins - 8 days to go!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I wish I'd known your true identity - that way, my greetings could have been more personal...
You are hilarious :) I wish i could come up with such birthday wishes... hehe... Even if i did, i am sure it would'nt be as juicy as yours'... hehe...
I too wish Heath Ledger were alive and he would've given every tom, sean and brad in hollywood a run for their money..*Sigh*

Anonymous said...

I'll be back in a week, sam san superstar! And we'll work on ticking those wishes off your list. Lets start with the Chennai toy boy.

Hobbit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Lak, Birthday aint for 7 more days but thanks for the wishes!

And Fao San, Oh no you dont - I'll hunt for the toy boy. Actually have a lunch date with a potential one. Why dont you take care of filial peace?

CHECK MATE said...

Cool list

Anonymous said...

Thanks Check mate and welcome!

Anonymous said...

Something about the 'chennai toy boy' reminds me of my ex-boyfriend who was from chennai :)
Well...things didn't work out... as you see..... although i have to admit chennai guys are hot :)

Anonymous said...

Lak! Your ex is a toy boy in Chennai? Hi, we haven't met. My name is Sam. Fao San is keen on improving her stuffed cat collection so you can intro him to me.